Login or Create an Account
Welcome to ESA’s award and fellow nomination system.
To begin the submission of a new nomination, track or update a nomination, or submit a reference, please log in below with your email and ESA eservices password.
Nominators: If you are interacting with ESA for the first time, you will need to create an account by clicking the Login button and following the prompts. If you already have an account, use your esa.org credentials.
The Ecological Society of America recognizes distinguished achievement in the field of ecology. ESA is seeking nominations that reflect the diversity of the Society’s membership. You can view award descriptions under the “ESA Awards” tab and apply for each award, or you can click “Submit a Nomination” below to bypass the award descriptions.
If you would like to include the nominee in the submission process, you can make them a collaborator of the form. In the top right corner of the application, you can click the "Manage Collaborators" button. From there, add the nominees name and email address and they can edit portions of the form. Only the nominator has the ability to submit the form.
Awards Nomination Deadline Extended: November 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.
- Award recipients are not required to be ESA members except for Early Career Fellows and Fellows. However, in most cases, nominators must be ESA members.
- An individual may not receive more than one Society award in a year, nor may an individual receive more than one award for the same body of work.
ESA members holding the following leadership positions, and their immediate family members (spouse / life partner, children, parents, siblings), are not eligible to be candidates for awards or Fellows during their term of service (with some exceptions, noted below):
- ESA Governing Board Member
- ESA Awards Chair
- Awards Nomination Subcommittee Members
- Award Subcommittee chairs and members (ineligible to be candidates for their respective award)
- Section and Chapter Executive Committee members and selection committee members (ineligible to be candidates for awards from their section/chapter)
Conflicts of Interest
The purpose of the ESA Conflict of Interest Policy is to avert, to the extent possible, biasing circumstances, or the appearance of biasing circumstances, in the selection of ESA honorees. All selection subcommittee members are asked to comply with the Conflict of Interest (CoI) policy and recusal process (outlined below). This policy applies to all selection committees of awards, Fellows, and chapter/section awards. A COI occurs when a selection subcommittee member has a professional relationship with a nominee (PhD or postdoc advisor/advisee relationships, close collaborators, and colleagues in the same department). All subcommittee members must self-identify when they see a COI.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org